From the first moment when a little one comes into your life, the baby requires breastfeeding till 6 -12 months and so many mothers worry about how to increase breast milk for sufficient supply.
Not only is breast feeding necessary for a well-doing of an infant, it is equally important for a mother too. Therefore, knowing the ways to increase breast milk and why it is important to increase breast milk supply is pertinent for every pregnant woman or mother. If you are facing problems in supplying sufficient amount of breast milk to your child, then how to increase breast milk supply is must for you.
1 .Ways to Increase Breast Milk
- To increase breast milk naturally, the best way is to nurse your baby regularly. Time your feeding and make sure you nurse your baby for at least 2 hour in day and in night.
- The way to increase breast milk is to make the baby take milk from both the sides. Until he takes his mouth away himself, keep feeding.
- When you are breastfeeding your child, do not use any bottles during that time. Let the baby learn all sucking on the breast. It also helps in stimulating the breast milk supply.
- While the baby is doing his job, your job is to have enough intakes of calcium and protein. Include milk, dairy products and other calcium and proteins supplements in your daily diet. The way to increase breast milk is directly proportionate to calcium and protein intake.
- Often mothers complain that their baby is not getting enough milk and ask how to increase breast milk naturally. If you think that your breast milk is low in supply then utilize these handy tips to increase the breast milk supply.
2. Tips on How to Increase Breast Milk Supply
- Allow the baby to suckle breast for longer periods of time. Sometimes allowing baby to suck more and more often works wonder and let the milk supply increase naturally.
- Breast milk is essential for baby’s growth. Never stop him in between the feeding. Let the baby finish sucking milk.
- Do not neglect the intake of fluids in your diet. Plenty of water, juices and milk are important for your personal growth and to increase breast milk supply.
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables and take enough rest. Keep your body strong because that will have more energy to produce breast milk for your little one.
- Do not worry about losing that extra weight for some time. Concentrate on taking enough calories. One of the ways to increase breast milk supply is to ensure that you eat right and eat enough.
- Drink herbal tea or tea containing fenugreek to increase breast milk. It is known to be one of the best known breast milk enhancer.
There is nothing more depressing for a mother if she is unable to feed her child adequately. But if you think your child is still hungry after breast feeding then don’t let this disappointment leave you heartbroken. Try some homemade remedies and solutions to increase the breast milk supply. Before approaching any medical help, resort to easy and popular ways to increase breast milk naturally. According to lactation consultants and experts, besides fenugreek, oatmeal is another potential element in increasing a woman’s breast milk supply.
3. Avoid Following Things to Increase Breast Milk
- Do not stop feeding
- Many times when women get back to work or stop nursing, the breast milk supply diminishes.
- Encourage yourself to continue with breastfeeding in order to give essential minerals and antibiotics to your child since breast milk is enriched with it.
- Give work a rest and continue with breastfeeding for the healthy growth of a child.
Taking adequate rest is essential for a nursing mother. Stress is harmful for the production and supply of healthy breast milk. So if you want to know how to increase the milk supply naturally, concentrate on taking enough rest.
5. Focus more on healthy food
Agreed that healthy food is a part of the diet that is required for increasing the breast milk. What is more important is the intake of enough fluids. Drink lots of water and other fluids. A body that does not receive enough fluids will be unable to produce fluids too.
6. Instant medical help
Though there is no harm in visiting your gynecologist from time to time, taking medicines to increase breast milk should not be a quick fix. Whenever faced with diminishing quantity of breast milk take help of massages, regular feeding and natural herbs. Fenugreek is an excellent herb to help increase milk supply. Mostly all department stores have these natural herbs.
Nursing a child is the best gift for any mother, so now don’t worry about how to increase breast milk naturally but just enjoy this period without any tension.