There are a plenty of options available when it comes to infertility treatment. Most of the infertility treatment options encompass medical techniques as well as surgical techniques. But which course a couple should take upon has to be tailored according to their bodily conditions and the specific needs.
Some of the infertility treatment options are enlisted below:
1) Ovulation induction: In this method the fertility drugs stimulate the follicle as a result of which multiple eggs are produced in one cycle. In fact the medicine used can also control the time when the eggs are released so that procedures like in vitro fertilization or even normal sexual intercourse can be scheduled. Though this is a popular method but there risks such as development of ovarian cyst or chances of multiple births are more probable via this.
2) Ovarian drilling: This is done during the surgical procedure of laparoscopy when a laser fiber punctures the ovary, anything between 4 to 10 times. This is generally performed on women who show polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS). The side effects of this method are rare and that apart, this method also witnesses a huge fall in the levels of male hormones.
3) Surgical options: There are a plethora of surgical infertility treatment options available both for men and women. Some of the female surgical options are enlisted below:
a) Hysteroscopy: In this procedure the doctor generally looks in for any kind of adhesion that could be present inside the uterus and does away with it.
b) Laparoscopy: In this procedure a fiber optic telescope is inserted near the navel to check any kind of adhesion in the pelvic cavity. Apart from that it is also used to remove ovarian cysts.
c) Reanastomosis: In this process an effort is made to join in the ends of the two fallopian tubes.
d) Hydrosalpinx removal: In this procedure the fallopian tube is corrected so that liquid doesn’t get accumulated in the same, and the chances of IVF get increased.
Apart from this, there are some infertility treatment options available for men too.
a) Testicular biopsy: herein the small pieces of tissue are removed from the testis and the same examined for fertility procedures.
b) TESA: Testicular sperm aspiration is a method wherein a sample is taken from the testis of the male partner and the same is used for extracting the sperms.
c) Vasectomy reversal: in this procedure a previous vasectomy is reversed.
3) IUI or intrauterine insemination is procedure wherein the sperms are placed directly in the urine cavity of the woman when the time of the ovulation nears. This is one of the most common procedures performed on infertile couples. Herein the chances to conceive are heightened.
4) And last but not the least, comes infertility treatment via the IVF process. Hereupon the eggs from the woman are retrieved, and they are fertilized with the male sperms in a lab. Thereafter the embryo so produced is transplanted back to the woman. This is a procedure which is generally resorted to when all other methods have failed.
There are many other infertility treatment options, however the four mentioned above are the most common ones.